A SENSe of Wellness Podcast Host, Susan Greeley, recently had the opportunity to sit down with Bill...
Al Lyman – Age Well and Feel Great
Host of A SENSe of Wellness Podcast, Susan Greeley, had the opportunity to connect with Al Lyman, coach, athlete, and author of Age Well and Feel Great: The Proven Path to Solving the Aging Puzzle and Going the Distance.
Coach Al is an expert in many areas physical health and wellness. Holding the following titles:
- Iron Man triathlete, certified by USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, and USA Weightlifting (Level 1 Sport Performance Coach)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified Functional Movement Screen provider with Functional Movement Systems
- Certified Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist with Functional Range Systems
- Certified Barefoot Training Specialist with Evidence Based Fitness Academy
- Certified Level 1 Fascial Stretch Therapist with Stretch To Win
- Certified Physical Fitness Specialist with the Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research
- Certified Hardstyle Russian Kettlebell (HKC) instructor with Dragon Door
- Certified in Clinical Gait Analysis by Medical Motion, a subsidiary of Sports Motion, Inc.
Susan and Al spoke about Al’s incredible journey of overcoming fear and trauma by facing it head-on. He used adversities, like being bullied in childhood and witnessing a parent’s health decline, as momentum to increase his ambitions and reach his goals. Al speaks about the advice he outlines in his book, which goes far beyond physicality and dives into themes of worthiness, visualizing long-term goals, and facing your inner critic. The two speak about using the power of thought to shape your life and using tactics like “movement snacks” to create healthy habits through consistent, achievable goals.
To learn more about Al Lyman, visit: https://pursuitathleticperformance.com/about/
For more episodes of A SENSe of Wellness podcast, visit: https://sens.ccphp.net/resources/podcasts/