by Susan Greeley, MS, RDN Spring vegetables abound these days! It’s easy to find locally grown...
Heart-Healthy (Vegan) Chocolate Mousse
Recipe by Susan Greeley, MS, RDN
With February being the month dedicated to cardiovascular health and prevention, here is a way to have your chocolate and have it benefit your heart too! This is a rich, decadent, and “guilt-free” option for anyone looking for a plant-based chocolate dessert.
- 4 oz dark chocolate, 72% cacao (or darker)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tb monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened organic soymilk
- 2 large ripe avocados (or 3 small)
- Place dark chocolate in a glass microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. If not fully melted, heat for an additional 30 seconds or until melted. Alternatively, melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add monk fruit sweetener to chocolate and combine well. Add cocoa powder, vanilla and soymilk and blend/stir with a fork.
- Slice avocados remove pits and scoop avocado out of peel and into chocolate mixture. Blend and smash well using a fork.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth and creamy. Your mousse is done!