by Susan Greeley, MS, RDN Spring vegetables abound these days! It’s easy to find locally grown...
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
by Susan Greeley, MS, RDN (Recipe adapted from"Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook: Lighten Up!" by Susan Greeley)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ½ cups whole oats
- 2 cups raw cranberries, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and stir until well-blended.
- Add oats and cranberries to dough and mix well.
- Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls of batter onto a non-stick baking tray or use parchment paper on tray.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool before munching.